Did you ever imagine cooking candy that look like a cluster of purple Amethyst crystals?
This is an unusual and totally awesome gift idea to surprise your loved one or used for party decoration in spiritual rituals, magic parties and meditation classes.
Ingredients & Materials:
- 3 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- fondant icing (or milk chocolate + unsweetened cocoa powder)
- food coloring
- aluminum foil
- cooking oil spray
- Warm sugar in water until you get supersaturated sugary liquid. Then add come food coloring until you get the desired shade.
- Roll out white fondant on non-stick backing paper to a fairly thin layer
- Take grey fondant and add some chunks of darker colors to it. Mix them roughly to get different variations in colors. Then roll it out to a very thin thickness.
- Put white fondant on top of the mixed grey fondant with a some water rubbed in between
- Sculpt the fondant inside a bowl with a layer of aluminum foil wrapped around to create the uneven natural rock shape
- Pour the sugar syrup on top and wrap up the whole thing with aluminum foil
- Leave it to crystallize for at least 12 hrs, pour out excess liquid and leave it to dry
PS. above method uses fondant icing (often used in cakes), you can also make these delicious candy edible science experiment with candy milk or white chocolate with cocoa powder.